Uspenskii sobor (Cathedral of the Dormintion
of the Blessed Virgin) in the Kremlin. The original cathedral was the first
stone church in Moscow, built by Daniil in 1326. The Metropolitan, Peter, moved
his seat here from Vladimir. The present cathedral was rebuilt in 1479 by the
Italian architect, Aristotle Fioravanti. The interior paintings include those
by Dionissius.This was the cathedral for the official ceremonies for crowning
the Tsars and Emperors and the Patriarchs. Svyatini page 14. See Krasovski 42,
46, 47, 49, 51 for views of the interior and details of the doorways.