Church of Resurection (1720) (left) and
Church of Virgin of Kazan (1739) (right). These are right on the market place.
The Church of the Resurection replaced an earlier wooden church that burned
down. It was the main town parish church. It is simple with windows recessed
instead of having decorative surrounds. At the roof line are bands of
miniature, keel-shaped kokoshniks and balusters. The octagon sided bell tower
one the other hand is richly decorated. Next door, the Church of the Virgin of
Kazan was the winter church for this pair.