Church of Maxim  

Church of Maxim the Blessed on Varvarka street by the Church of St Barbara , 1698, and the English House. It is the third church at this location.The first was named for Saints Boris and Gleb before 1434. Then a stone church to St Maxim was built in 1568. The present church was built by order of Natalya Kirilovna, the second wife of Alexei Mikhailovich.


Return to Xenophon. Return to Ruscity. Return to Rushistory. Return to Ukraine.