{short description of image}  


  Kremlin cathedrals  

On the left the Upper Savior's Church, sometimes called "Behind the Golden Lattice or Rail" was part of the Terem Palace. It was built by Bazhen Ogurtsov, Antip Konstantinov, Trefil Sharutin and Larion Ushakov in 1635-6, during the reign of Mikhail Feodorovich, over the Tsarina's Golden Room. It was a private family church. To the right is the small white Church of the Deposition of the Robe (Tserkov' Rizpolozhenia) built in 1484-86 by Pskov masters for the church officials. The photo's left border is the Palace of Facets and the right is the corner of the Cathedral of the Assumption.


Return to Xenophon. Return to Ruscity. Return to Rushistory. Return to Ukraine.