Danilov monastery outer wall  

Tower of the Danilov Monastery, this became the official residence of the Orthodox Patriarch in 1983. The monastery was founded by Grand Prince Daniel Aleksandrovich, the son of Aleksandr Nevski, around 1282 and is named after him. The monastery was transfered into the Kremlin in 1330. It was restored to its original location by Ivan IV in 1560.


Return to Xenophon. Return to Ruscity. Return to Rushistory. Return to Ukraine.