{short description of image}  
 

NOVGOROD - RUSSIA

 
  {short description of image}  
 

The Church of the Myrrh- Bearing -Women - (1508-1510) It was built at the expense of Moscow Merchant, Ivan Syrkov. In comparison with St Procopius built by his son, Dmitri, it is archaic masive in construction and the moret elaborate. It has four supporting pillars surrounded by a gallery. The north gallery has pentagonal niches added in the 16th century.

 
     

Return to Xenophon. Return to Ruscity. Return to Rushistory. Return to Ukraine. Please leave us a note at our guestbook.