{short description of image}  
 

NOVGOROD - RUSSIA

 
  {short description of image}  
 

Church of St Paraskeva Pyatnitsa founded in 1207 by a Novgorodian merchant guild. It was rebuilt in 1345. It is in the Yaroslaf court. The tower on the right is believed to be the veche tower. It has a striking resemblence to the rebuilt church of the same name in Chernigov.

 
     

Return to Xenophon. Return to Ruscity. Return to Rushistory. Return to Ukraine. Please leave us a note at our guestbook.