{short description of image}  

Friends visiting the Borodino Military Historical Museum- Preserve on a rainy day. The museum-preserve was created in 1839 to include the Rayevsky redoubt, Prince Bagration's grave and the main part of the battlefield. In 1859 General Tochkov's widow, Margarita's house became a museum. A new museum was built for the centenial in 1912 along with many of the monuments . Its contents were evacuated during WWII but the original building was destroyed. The present building was designed by V. Voyeikov and contains a very extensive collection of original items, including those belonging to Napoleon and Alexander, Kutuzov, Barclay de Tolly, Bagration and others.


Return to Xenophon. Return to Ruscity. Return to Rusarmy. Return to Rushistory. Return to Ukraine.